Some articles and reports I have written or co-authored:
- Reflections on a learning process to enable NGO professionals in Africa to transition from authority-based to collaboration (in cultures where the use of power over, threat and violence is wide spread). – February 2015.
- A chapter in Space and Polity (Routledge, 2015) co-authored with Kate Driscoll Derickson and Gehan MacLeod.
- A chapter of the Centre for Human’s Learning Report on Govan Together – March 2012.
- Entretien avec Thierry Groussin parus dans la revue Commencements Numéro 1, Printemps 2011.
- A pilot project in the Leith and North Edinburgh area to enhance the participation of black and ethnic minority people in the Local Community Planning Partnership and other local democratic processes.
- 21 steps to enhance Black and Ethnic Minority opportunities in Scotland. Written with a number of colleagues from the Centre for Human Ecology and whilst working with the EMPOWER partnership.
- The Big Issue in Scotland, a series of columns that ran jointly with Alastair McIntosh during 2002.
- "Quand l'Ecosse distribue les terres; Vent de réformes après la conquête de l'autonomie", Le Monde Diplomatique, Paris, No 572-48, Novembre 2001, p 6, jointly with Alastair McIntosh.
- Report of the Embracing Multicultural Scotland Project, Centre for Human Ecology, co-authored with project colleagues Hanna Maan, Nick Wilding, Amadu Khan and Alastair McIntosh, April 2000, 28 pp.
- The People Speak, The Full Technical Report of The People & Parliament project, co-authored with Canon Kenyon Wright (Chair) and other members of the Steering Group, March 1999, 101 pp.
Books, articles and links that I recommend about collaboration, conflict transformation, nonviolence and the various approaches I use:
- Parker Palmer, A Hidden Wholeness – The Journey Toward An Undivided Life (2004)
- Parker Palmer, Let Your Life Speak – Listening for the Voice of Vocation (2000)
- The Center for Courage and Renewal – http://www.couragerenewal.org/
- Sally Timmel and Anne Hope, Training for Transformation, Handbooks for Community Workers, Vol 1-4 (1984)
- Training for Transformation at the Grail Centre, South Africa - http://www.grailprogrammes.org.za
- Miki Kashtan - Spinning Threads of Radical Aliveness - Transcending the Legacy of Separation in Our Individual Lives (2014)
- Miki Kashtan - Reweaving Our Human Fabric: Working Together to Create a Nonviolent Future (2015)
- Miki Kashtan’s blog, the Fearless Heart – http://baynvc.blogspot.co.uk/
- John-Paul Lederach – The Moral Imagination – The Art and Soul of Building Peace (2005)
- Starhawk – The Empowerment Manual – A guide for Collaborative Groups (2011)
"Verene is helping me build personal resilience, develop compassion in the face of adversity for myself and others and share my vision effectively. She is the missing link between personal and community development. Working with her has immeasurably lightened the burden of my quest."
Isla Brown, Social Entrepreneur, Ayrshire.
"No words do justice to the strength of Verene's wisdom, vision and passion for social justice and community power. She is a constant source of inspiration to myself and many people and networks creating positive social change in the wider world. She facilitates with passion. This will light the fire in your heart."
Dan Glass - Popular Educator, Performer + Activist and general rascal.